Brain-based research has proven that multi-modal learning environments leads to greater results. And what better way of creating a multimodal learning environment then by watching a great film. Below are some sites of the sites I’ve used for finding great documentaries to use in my class.
Remember, if you find a great documentary be sure to download it to your hard drive – check out this post to find out how.
Top 10 Sites for Free Documentaries
- Docuwatch: On this site, you will find hundreds of documentaries that have been found on the web, all in one place, all ready to watch.
- Freedocumentaries.org: Hundreds of films free to watch, many with a liberal or letist bent.
- Google Videos: Remember, a search on Google videos includes a search of youtube, but not vice-versa. In other words, start your search with Google Videos first!
- Youtube: Also try the Youtube Doc Channel
- Teacher Tube: “Our goal is to provide an online community for sharing instructional videos.”
- School Tube: “Our mission is to provide educators and students a safe and fun video sharing environment to enhance their classrooms and learning experiences.”
- Top Documentary Films: “The content here is created with a passion for documentary films, the site is in open form and it is allowing readers to add comments about documentary films they like or dislike.”
- DocumentaryTube: DocumentaryTube.com is a one-stop resource for free documentaries whatever your interests may be: crime, nature, science or politics. Our members get further information on and debate issues around all our documentaries as well.
- SnagFilms: “Snag Films is committed to finding the world‘s most compelling documentaries, whether from established heavyweights or first-time filmmakers, and making them available to the wide audience these titles deserve.SnagFilms.com is a website where you can watch full-length documentary films for free, but we’re also a platform that lets you “snag” a film and put it anywhere on the web.”
- Hulu: Many free, many paid options for great films and television clips.